2020 Camp Season Update
Today the decision was made to cancel our 5 weeks of camp.
The reasons include:
1. Tennessee government guidelines have closed all residential camps through the end of May. This directly impacted our counselor training week and High School camp. We do not currently anticipate a change to allow groups the size of our camps (approximately 150 people) to meet by early June.
2. We do not want to contribute to the spread of the Covid-19 virus. We are concerned for the health of our campers as well as parents and grandparents they may interact with immediately following camp.
3. Current conditions will not permit us to have a successful camp. Social distancing requirements, screening and testing protocols, as well as food and cleaning supply shortages would prevent camp from being the wonderful, life changing experience kids have been loving for over 35 years.
1. An email will be sent to all registered campers with info on refunds. An opportunity to transfer your funds to next summer or to donate a portion to the camp will be available.
2. We continue to pray for our camper families and relief from this epidemic. Canceling camp is the hardest decision we have made in our sixteen years as director, but God is our very present help in times of trouble. We rely on Him.
3. Your support is desperately needed. We must stand together to make it through this crisis and make sure camp is available for years and generations to come. Donations will be the key to our future success.
Thanks for walking with us through these days.
Cumberland Youth Camp
Updated May 6, 2020